Sunday, April 10, 2016

Some Progress and Some Regression

Using multiple 45 degree street ells I was able to turn the wires 180 degrees to make a water resistant connection for the top of the shaft. Next I installed a disconnect to join the motor to the control head.
Here is the fix on the battery compartment
 The regression occurred when I realized the batteries I selected would not fit into the opening under the center thwart.  I solved the problem by adding bread board ends to the seat and widening the opening to 26 and one quarter inches.  Just enough for two 13 inch batteries weighing 59  pounds each.
Sorry about this, I don't know why the pictures of the seat remodel were inserted between the others but I am not smart enough to change it.
Here is the connector from the motor to the control head.  a clumsy place to work and solder the bits but it is done.  Very close to connecting the batteries and seeing if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment