Wednesday, October 21, 2015

All Stripped

Well, this never happened before, lost a whole slew of pics of the dismantling.  There was a collar around the shaft that came off nicely, set that aside and took out the two screws I could find for the main control panel, then found two more.  There two would be the last to be removed and they did not want to come out, probably the heads were buggered when installed.  I was about to drill them out when I gave it one more try and got them both out.  I had pictures of all of this, please feel free to use your imagination. 

Removing the control panel I was able to thread the two wires, on the left of the pic above, out and slide off the mounting bracket and now I have just a shaft and lower unit with no other accouterment. 

Tomorrow I will flip the hull, dry fit the tubular motor well and insert the shaft to see where it should be cut.  At the same time I will be able to get an idea of what I will need for a skeg and other protection for the lower unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment